Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Tiredness is creeping











After being sick last year i’ve struggled since with keeping my energy up, it is not lazyness, that would be simple to fix, maybe it’s a little bit of my age but right now I'm refusing to accept that. I will admit that the last few nights have taken there’re toll on me, be it the last few days drinking and staying up or just to staying up late watching baseball, I am  feeling drained right now.

I'm going to admit to having a amazing weekend, and last week my sudden interest in baseball was fun, but things like this cannot go on each weekend, it’s just not feasible with my college workload and I'm going to have to force myself to focus more.

I keep looking over my last blog post and deciding I'm not happy with the way I wrote it, I'm always kind of critical of my own work but more so right now, I know I'm tired so writing and reading is hard for me and this is something I need to avoid, I have five critical essays’ to write, if I'm tired I will be critical of what I have written and that for me is simply wasting time, I have other people to proof read if needed, i just need to formulate a argument and I cannot do that while tired.

I need to work out some priority’s over the next few weeks, get some proper sleep and get some work done, things like games, drinking, women and baseball might just have to take a back seat until I’ve broke the back of the work I have on.

(yep I'm aware i just wasted five min writing this blog post, thankyou)

Comic strip from the excellent http://xkcd.com/

2 comments:

  1. So I had to laugh. Every October I go through this same thing. It's not fair that school, postseason baseball and the flu season all coincide.

    Sleep when you're dead. Just decide you're not gonna get sick. Cut back on the drinking a few nights a week (I know *gasp*) and you will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. biggest problem for me and post season baseball is it finishes at 3am and you would not believe i could not sleep after last night, there was some baseball related nightmare which messed up my sleep.

    Its not getting sick that worries me, its the fact that i sometimes forget that i am still managing my energy levels and going to bed at three for five hours sleep on the trot will in the end knock me out.

    I agree with sleeping when your dead, but it will do no harm at all to get a early night and a good nights sleep to recharge, I've just not done it yet and i need to.

    ReplyDelete