Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Love days like this

As the title says, the last 24 hours has been so good

It all started off last night after what is normally a pain in the arse instillation of a new distro on my linux box, when I have done this in the past my dvd drive breaks and all hell breaks lose, this time I was determined to force my BIOS to boot from usb, after a few Google searches I found a forum that has a thread about my problem, the general consensus "It cannot be done" :( well screw that. I fiddled and lo and behold I did what they said could not be done, never did like the so called tech expert anyway.

Sexy New Desktop
So now I have a lovely linux desktop and thanks to http://cristalinux.blogspot.com/ I have also got corky running for the first time (clock and meters on the right).

Second wonderful thing was my early birthday pressie from my girlfriend, one freshly pressed ticket to see Paul Simon in Cork. I cannot wait to see this living legend play, I have wanted to to years now and missed the last time because I had my head up my arse doing exams, and no they were not worth it..
Only thing now is can I get Garfunkel to join in, any one got his number??

The final great event was me getting around to booking my flight to San Francisco to see my wonderful friend Rebecca and my old mucker Paul and family, I'm so looking forward to the break from Ireland and the rain (however it was lovely today). its a little crazy as it has been two years since I was last over in the states, so much has changed since then, it is long over due.

Top that with dinner with Coll and the kids, hugs from Coll and Caria and finally a few episiods of Black Books and I'm as happy as a pig in shit after the butcher just got in a road crash on the way to collect him. Why can all days not be like this?

1 comment:

  1. Your girlie is an amazing woman :) Have the most fun! And to answer your question, all days can't be like this because then we wouldn't recognize how special they are ;)

    So happy you're blogging again!

    ReplyDelete