Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Belated St Patricks Day Message

St Patrick’s Day has always been a fun time for me, some of the days are more memorable than others, I will admit this is mostly down to how much drink is consumed that day, I honestly have not had a bad week around St Patrick’s Day and this year was not different.

This year the concentration was on my girlfriends daughter who was marching in the parade, it was a wonderful sight to see her so happy, we had promised ourselves that we would make sure she had a fun day, we achieved that, and had some fun for ourselves, so this year was a success all around, sometimes concentrating on someone else’s happiness is far more rewarding than just concentrating on your own.

Maybe it’s because I’m welsh and so was St Patrick but I feel this week is always a blessing for me, it might be in disguise but in the end so many major influences  tend to happen in or around this day. My Girlfriend I met six years ago on St Patrick’s Day, I also met her daughter who sat on my knee and talked my ears off (she has not changed). Also my close friend in California I met last year on St Patrick’s weekend in Dublin, for someone who I hardly spoke to that night it’s been quite amazing how much we talk now (thank you Skype),  Meeting her and her friend pretty much changed my life last year, thank you again St Patrick.

So really I love this week, and I’m thankful for the people that are still in my life that I met on the day, the day that the world celebrates a Welshman who transformed Ireland.

1 comment:

  1. I celebrate too! It's been a hell of a year for both of us!

    P.S. Love the hat :)

    ReplyDelete