Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The TDK Generation

I have a large music collection, too large if I’m honest, the mix of CD’s and Mp3’s I have is only a fraction of the music I listen to these days. This is unlikely to change anytime soon, music is far too important to me to start thinning it out and making it more manageable, I still go out and buy CD’s to make my tower a little bit higher, sometimes I get stuff that is a throwback to my younger days, second hand and old CD’s are so cheap these days that it’s hard to walk past that stand without walking out of the store with a CD or two in hand.

So it’s with that I’ve decided that each month I will try and find two CD’s at least that I already own on mp3 and go and buy them.

There is two reasons for this, the first is to give something back to the musicians that have entertained me over the years (from tape to mp3) and also to provide a more solid back up of some of my older albums.
I feel it is good Karma to give back sometimes and while I do think music should be free there is a limit to how free you can make music and it’s time to readdress the balance on my part.

First Album will be Paul Wella, Wild Wood, Listening to it now and its been a solid album since I was 15, I remember it was Spencer who introduced me to it, in a rather scoffing manner about it belonging to his Girlfriend and I would probably like it, I did and still do.

No comments:

Post a Comment