Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Sex, Apple and Rock and Roll

The iPhone 4 was released in Ireland today, its pretty much sold out already and some people on my facebook feed are so delighted its almost like they became a new father and are posting about the birth.

I own a iPhone 3Gs and im quite happy with it, its less than a year old and it runs the latest os fine, it’s not perfect but I’ve never had a phone that was so nothing new there. In short I don’t see a need to replace a perfectly working phone. I may however be the only one thinking this, the people i know that got the new phone had the same model as mine and worked perfectly well, now they have a  4” screen that’s brighter, 5mp camera and facetime, all this for a new contract and 200 odd euros.

It’s no surprise to me that they got it, they are Fans of the phone after all, and I’m glad that this makes them happy, but it’s still going to baffle me as to why.

So i came up with this theory, Apple is a drug, simple as that, they have a product that is addictive and Apple product comes out the addicts have to get it, even if it’s known to be faulty they still have to have it and get that feel good hit.  How else can we explain the lines of people outside of stores on launch day akin to a drug line on the corners of Baltimore.

With this knowledge i have decided to start up AAI (Apple Anonymous Ireland) to help the poor souls next time a new phone launches, might be able to get them to stay away from the shop for a few days at least, best we can hope for now.

2 comments:

  1. I do know i have miss led you, there is no sex or rock and roll in the above post.

    however this is the internet, plenty of sex and rock and roll on it.... go look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I totally believe it. Apple is a drug...have you seen this comic about it? So funny and so true: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apple

    ReplyDelete