Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

If I only could (Or how to start writing again and include a video of a amazing song)

Some problems can be solved by knowing how the other person is feeling.

This is pure fantasy.

You can only ever have an idea of what a person is feeling. Personal feelings can be projected but in the end your only getting the image of how they feel, like watching a live sports match on TV and watching it at the game, it’s the same game but completely different experience.

This is why I cringe when someone says “Oh I know how you feel” , No you don’t, you cannot possibly know how I feel, it is impossible. I know I’m guilty of uttering that phase as well at times, maybe I want to know how they feel so I can sort out all their problems, be the super hero and change their life around somehow but in the end it’s a empty wish and by wishing it I’m failing in my duty as a friend because it’s hardly practical

All we can do in life is try to grasp at least part of what someone if feeling, by putting yourself in someone’s shoes you are still you, just wearing someone’s else’s shoes, its not the solution.

Solution is to listen and then maybe they will tell you how they feel, even if you don’t understand fully, it might just be enough.


Placebo-Running up that Hill


And on that I'm blogging again, but there is no singular theme to what I'm going to post now,  just going to post, Suppose this can be viewed as the blog of Welsh Tramp instead of adventures...

its now official a work in development

1 comment:

  1. Love the music, but had to go to YouTube to watch it--damn them and their weirdness lately!

    I get what you're saying about not truly knowing how someone feels. Sometimes I think it's a defense mechanism so people don't actually have to listen, which is really all you can do. Nice post. Glad to have you back :D

    ReplyDelete