Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I met a man called Murphy and this is his law



Well I’ve not blogged for a while, been very busy with college, apologies to my readers (do I have readers? lol)  anyway as of late I have been getting my collage work done, its not been easy for me, due to the hours of one of my house mates I’ve not been getting much sleep. I’m not sure when I became such a light sleeper but it has knocked me for six, getting only a patchy sleep per night has made some mental task’s very difficult, and so the essays have been harder than expected, its possible that I’ve forgotten how to write a critical essay, its been so long, but being so tired really has not helped. Anyway I got my work done (in the end) and was ready to hand them in, then Murphy’s Law kicked in.

My vista computer that had my files was giving me problems, right click was freezing explorer so I decided to back up my files and fix it, well the fix went quite bad and while upgrading to windows 7 I managed to format my drive, ok not a issue as all my files where on my Linux pc, all except what I had been working on. In my wisdom I had saved my essays to a different folder, a folder I had passed over when backing up cause there was little of importance in it, or least that’s what I thought, I cannot even remember what the folder was called, all I know it was not music, college, pictures, Christ I even backed up my blog posts, but not the essays. A weeks work flushed into the void of a technical nightmare.

So I have to write them again within two days, not a task I relish doing, and not one I’m starting just (in a hour maybe) yet as I need to de-stress myself, which is not easy in this house anymore but I’m finding a way, then its back to getting the blasted thing written again, what ever grade I get for this one.

I know that this one will be a lot better than the first, it’s the only way I’m going to stop myself going mad over this whole blunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment