Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

One position is called a Hooker

Well it’s that time of year again, the domestic league is well underway and the internationals for this year have nearly finished, Rugby is back, and i finally have a TV to watch it on.

Anyway after a brief flirtation with Baseball and the Minnesota Twins at the end of MLB season I’m back supporting the game i love, there is nothing to learn and no real question about who i support, I’m a Scarlets and Wales fan, and I’ve got a feeling that this season just might be ours.

I told my friend Rebecca last night that I’m going to take her to the millennium stadium to watch a game, its only fair really, she got me into baseball after all. I then sat back and thought about it, could this be the best Welsh experience I could show my friend, many people will agree that the millennium stadium during a game is a passionate place, it’s said that when the roof is closed the Welsh crowd can lift it with their singing, the support is second to non and the only thing that comes close is the Munster “Sound of silence” during a kick or the new Zealand Haka. Add to that one of the best stadiums in the world and I can honestly say it would be a unforgettable experience.

Until that day I have a team to follow, I am perhaps one of the few Welshmen living in this Rugby mad city in Ireland and I always get a hard time over it, but let’s face it, Rugby is in my blood, Ireland might have won the grand slam from us this year, but next year we want it back. This weekend i will be glued to my TV watching Wales vs Australia, the wallabies losing to Scotland last weekend will mean nothing, if anything it’s going to make them more hungry to beat Wales, it should be a amazing game, and we must be ready, I know I will.

Cymru am Byth

PS: Happy Thanksgiving ;)

2 comments:

  1. Totally stoked for rugby...American football crossed with hockey! I love it. And that stadium looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you appreciate a good stadium hun :) really am looking forward to that day

    ReplyDelete