Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Close my eyes and sing along

It’s cold outside the marquee but inside the warmth of over a 1000 people huddled together makes standing here bearable, I have in my hand a beer and my girlfriend wrapped around me, soft grass under my well worn trainers remind me that this is a festival and no ordinary gig, I’m here for something special.

The light’s change and a sound so familiar to me rises as the crowd wake up from there slumber, the tall speaker’s blast into action and suddenly I forget everything. I finish my beer and move forward leaving my girlfriend behind with her friends this is the moment I have waited for, i close my eyes raise my hands and start singing to the riverboat song.

I have repeated this process with so many bands, music is a part of my life, but with this song and band it was one of the greatest memories I have.

1 comment: